I talked a bit in the previous post about the value of Libraries Australia for finding useful Australian and international content. Like Google Book Search, you can use the Libraries Australia catalogue to find out which libraries stock the books you need.
Blogger users can now add a Libraries Australia search box to their blogs (sorry WordPress users — we miss out again!):
1. Log in to your blog
2. Click the ‘Customize’ link in the top right hand corner of your screen
3. Make sure you have selected the ‘Page Elements’ tab
4. Click on the link to ‘Add a Page Element’
5. A new window opens
7. Choose a name for your search box, eg ‘Search Libraries Australia’, and enter this in the ‘Title’ box
8. Copy and paste the following code to the ‘Content’ section:
name=”lasearchframe” scrolling=”no” marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″
frameborder=”0″ style=”width: 15em; height: 7em;”>
<a href=”http://librariesaustralia.nla.gov.au”>Search Libraries Australia</a>
9. Click ‘Save Changes’ and the pop up window closes
10. Use your mouse to move page elements around until you’re happy with the layout, then click ‘Save’
11. When you view your blog, a green Libraries Australia search box should now appear
(Code courtesy of the Libraries Australia website).